Tuesday, April 17, 2007

How to identify your SQL Server version and edition

How to identify your SQL Server version and edition

I was trying to integrate reporting services with Sharepoint 2007 and the following error showed up while configuring reporting services:
Unable to connect to the Report Server WMI provider

Since Sql Server 2005 with SP2 is a requirement for the integration, I wanted to find out the version of sql server i was running. The following query helped to do the above:

SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('productversion'), SERVERPROPERTY ('productlevel'), SERVERPROPERTY ('edition')

1 comment:

Kendra said...

The same is also true if your SQL server is separate from the SRS server. All servers must be running SP2. My SRS server didn't have SP2 but my SQL server does have SP2. I'm getting the same error message: "Unable to connect to the Report Server WMI provider."

Post a Comment